KING RIVER GORGE EXPLORER
- Durata: 4 Ore (circa)
- Luogo: Queenstown, Tasmania
- Codice prodotto: PNEC7J
The King River Gorge Explorer is a guided flat water kayak tour through the tranquil pools and small shallow rapids in middle reaches of the King River Gorge.
The area we explore is situated between the Crotty Dam and the John Butters Power Station. As most of the flow of the King River now bypasses this section of river, the water flows very gently through here.
Paddle your kayak at you own pace and explore the many creeks and waterfalls in this secret place. The sides of the gorge are covered in thick rainforest with Huon Pine lining the river bank. We often see fresh water crayfish, trout, native fish and a variety of bird life. We turn around when you are ready, returning to Queenstown about four hours after our departure.
• Paddle your own canoe through mirror pools in a wilderness gorge
• Enjoy and drink the clear and pristine fresh water
• See freshwater crayfish and native blackfish
• Find very young and very old (1000s of years) Huon pine
• Visit the 150 metre high Jukes Falls
• Discover small tributary creeks with waterfalls
• Explore gravel beds for gold
• Find the best skipping stones around
• Trained and qualified guides
• Double inflatable kayaks, paddles and safety gear
• Transport to and from the river from Queenstown.
• Comprehensive commentary on the natural and human history of the area
• Use of waterproof cameras and production of a King River Rafting photo USB drive for purchase ($25)
• River snacks of sweets and nuts
Suitable for: families with stronger children.
Start time: 10am
End time: Approx. 2pm
Duration: 4 hours
Start & end location: West Coast Wilderness Railway station, in Driffield Street, Queenstown
Minimum group of 1, maximum 6.
Operates 7 days per fortnight.